DevOps @ Status
Added Feb 26 from WFH.io
Status is a fast growing, completely decentralized startup developing powerful DApps (decentralized apps) for Ethereum that change the way we do things on the web. To do this we need passionate, talented & self motivated candidates to join our global decentralized team.
As a product, Status is an open source discovery tool for Ethereum that makes it easy for anyone to access DApps and services built on the decentralized web. Status also allows users to chat, make payments and more, securely using Ethereum’s protocols.
It’s still just the beginning, but the promise of Web 3.0 and Ethereum is here to stay. Our secret weapon is having passionate people on a mission to develop the gateway into this new world. If you want to be part of this adventure, join our disruptive distributed global team.
Using your desire to make everything 'just work', keep a complex, high-volume web app running optimally.
From tracking statistics and managing alerts to deploying new hosts and debugging intricate production issues, this role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows. The position also includes building out the appropriate tools to make your own job easier, planning for future platform growth and anything else that comes up.
- Work with the rest of our software engineers to build application services that power Status
- Research and evaluate technologies for what we build - determine priorities by estimating projects' potential impact
- Configuration management
- Expand and improve our build and release automation process
- Work with our team to define and implement security practices
- Teach those around you-you'll be the second full-time DevOps engineer at Status!
- Experience in a DevOps environment (financial services and blockchain is a plus)
- Working with a remote team of Software Engineers
- Good understanding of Blockchain Test Tools (e.g. Juliet)
- Experience in using blockchain management tools
- Working knowledge of the following: Linux administration, Deploy/Run Go-Ethereum, Experience with Jenkins (continuous integration and deployment) and Docker
Working at Status
Status is a decentralized organization. You will not have a boss or a work schedule. What you will have is responsibility to your collaborators to do your best, keep up with your responsibilities, and support your team's priorities. At Status we are all working toward the goal of expanding and supporting the Ethereum space