Backend Engineer - Ride & Marketplace (Golang)
Added Mar 13 from StackOverflow Careers
*** Heetch offers remote first positions for its Technical team which means you can be based in Paris or anywhere else you want in Europe like 90% of our tech team.
We are still a young structure and we are not ready to work with people outside EU for timezone considerations but will keep you posted on that ;)***
RIDE & MARKETPLACE @HEETCH
The mission of the Ride & Marketplace team is quite simple: make passengers and drivers meet, and get there where they need to be.
“Transportation is a serious business”
— Jason Statham as Frank Martin
Our team is responsible for providing the best ride experience, by building both the smoothest ordering experience, and the platform and algorithms responsible for real-time execution and online optimization of Heetch's marketplace across all our markets(matching, dynamic pricing, ETA, heatmaps)
Our impact on the business and on the experience of both passengers and drivers is unprecedented. Every ride must be reliable, efficient, and affordable, and we're building the algorithms that make that possible by optimizing supply and demand.
We have high standards and high expectations on our output, we ship fast and we scale our work for all markets.
To achieve this, we’re all working together amongst Product, Mobile & Backend Devs, Design, Data Analysts & Scientists, and Ops team to successfully target structural next steps, deliver, track and iterate
HOW WE WORK
• Move fast not furious. 😌🧠
• Don’t be scared of failure, learn from it and try again.
• Unit and functional tests are as important as code.
• Code is always evolving we do not think in versions.
• We’re not just here to push code, product ownerships equally spread amongst the team.
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon.
• We ship new services on a weekly basis (at least we try to 😉).
• Services owned by our teams are written in Go.
• We follow community guidelines and best practices.
• Work wherever you want: we’ve always been remote first but also have a shiny new office in Paris, London, Stockholm, Milan, Bruxelles and Casablanca.
• Open communication: everything is public within the team.
• You are not alone: we use Slack and video calls every day.
• Continuous improvement: weekly team retrospective and strong Speak Up value.
• Experience with microservices in production.
• +5years as a software engineer.
• Eager to learn Go.
• Exposure with real-time problematics.
• Event driven mindset.
• Professional experience in Go.
• Exposure to Geo related problematics.
• Paid conference attendance/travel.
• Heetch credits.
• A Spotify subscription.
• Medical care.
• Code retreats and company retreats.
• Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).