Senior Image Algorithms Engineer
Added Apr 14 from StackOverflow Careers
Thrive is seeking a Senior Image Algorithms Engineer to join its team of R&D scientists and engineers. This individual will work in collaboration with biology and engineering functions to develop algorithms and analysis tools for image processing and pattern classification related to cell and stem cell biology for products to be introduced in 2018 and 2019. Candidates must possess an enthusiasm for a start-up/small-company work environment and be willing to step up to fill needs as they arise.
- Will serve as principal image processing technical specialist / representative on project team
- Develop, implement and optimize image processing algorithms
- Work closely with biology team members to develop image-based metrics correlating to cell phenotype, growth, and predicted outcome/fate using Thrive hardware
- Enhance and optimize existing portfolio of image processing and analysis algorithms
Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, image processing, engineering, or related disciplines (advanced degrees a plus)
- Experience developing software tools for microscopy
- Experience developing and implementing novel image algorithms using OpenCV and C++
- Experience with image segmentation and feature extraction
- 8+ years of experience in image processing; at least 3 years in developing machine vision software
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with real time image processing and phase contrast image analysis
- Experience with feature extraction, artificial intelligence, and pattern recognition
- Proficiency in developing computer vision software application
- Experience with live cell imaging
Thrive Bioscience, located in the Boston area, is developing previously unavailable instrumentation and associated image analytics to automate cell culture and stem cell culture. Thrive’s products empower biologists to develop, optimize, standardize and implement protocols and assays that deliver reproducible results. Thrive’s systems automate the image acquisition and analysis of cells in culture, as well as the liquid handling and other functions needed by researchers. Thrive was founded in 2014, has raised $16 million of financing, has a portfolio of 34 patent applications and collaborates with several renowned academic institutions.
Thrive Bioscience offers a competitive benefits package and a fast-paced, stimulating work environment. We are talking to principals only at this time. Thrive Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.