Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Added Jun 13 from GitHub Jobs
Medium Rare Interactive is seeking a senior developer proficient in Ruby on Rails. This is a full time position.
About Medium Rare Interactive:
We’re a design and development shop that’s actively pivoting from general website design into web application development. Our small team is primarily based in the Comox Valley, BC. We’re looking for someone who can work with our existing team to maintain and continue develop three existing Rails apps, and build new projects as we bring in new work.
Location in order of preference:
- mid-Vancouver Island
- Remote, Pacific timezone
- Remote, elsewhere but willing to work in Pacific timezone
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU ARE AN OUTSOURCING/OFFSHORING FIRM. YOU WILL BE BLACKLISTED.
- Work within a team of other designers and developers
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, well documented, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions (mostly Postgres and MySQL)
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems, refactor code as necessary
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Lead projects of medium scale, including gathering and defining requirements, defining tech stack and delegating work as appropriate
- 7+ years general programming experience
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience as a lead developer on at least moderate sized projects
- Understanding of building an API with Rails
- Fluency with Git (we mainly use Gitlab)
- Familiarity with Capistrano
- Familiarity with test driven development principles
Bonus points (not expected, but nice!):
- Familiarity with automated testing/bug reporting suites (e.g. Rollbar)
- Sysadmin skills (primarily Ubuntu)
- Client relationship skills (not necessarily required, but it’s nice if we don’t need to keep you in the back room)
- You’re excited and stoked about security and cryptography
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Familiarity with Websockets
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with PHP/WordPress once in a while when the need arises
Compensation negotiable based on experience.