Online English Instructor
Added Jul 03 from Hubstaff
**Online English Instructor**
**Why Achieve Test Prep?**
We believe our employees empower our company and are the reason behind our success. We are the nation's largest educational consultant and test prep center specializing in credit-by-examination degree paths, headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey.
Most working adults find it challenging to overcome the many obstacles associated with obtaining their college degree. Achieve acts as a counselor, advocate, and partner helping students achieve their degree in less time, with less effort, and for less money utilizing an alternative path to earning college credit known as credit-by-examination. Essentially, Achieve helps students bypass all of the busywork associated with taking certain college courses the traditional way, by instead passing just one test-out exam. While our credit-by-examination programs can shorten the path to any degree at virtually any college, the field where we have the greatest impact is the nursing profession.
Employee engagement and development is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! Embracing a work-from-home model for the entire company, all employees enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible work schedules. Does Achieve sound like the place for you? Apply today!
**The Location**: 100% Work from Home (Virtual Online). Position is open to OUTSIDE of US applicants.
**The Schedule**: Part-time opening – under 20 hours per week. Fixed schedule to be determined.
**Employment type**: Optional [Contractor, Freelance, etc]
Achieve Test Prep is seeking a Work from Home English Composition Instructor to prepare and tutor College students once a week for 3 hour sessions preparing students to sit for standardized examinations, while motivating and enabling learners to further their educational dreams.
Class runs for 8 weeks, then repeats. A Powerpoint presentation, syllabus and study guide is provided ; no grading or reviewing of papers needed !
**Roles & Responsibilities:**
* Acquaint students to their coursework and communicate course and school requirements
* Facilitate instructional courses using a virtual classroom platform
* Adapt training delivery, in real time, to meet differing experience levels of participants
* Employ synchronous and asynchronous tools to supplement course content
* Provide positive learning experience in which participants are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
* Actively seek evidence of audience engagement, comprehension and provides coaching as necessary
* Track student progress and help students stay on pace to take the examination within 30 days of the class end date
* Respond to student messages and discussions in a timely manner within company guidelines
* Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to develop and maintain training material
* Become proficient with training material content via self-education
* Meet professional obligations and performance goals through efficient work habits
* Additional duties may include additional support as required
**Desired Skills & Experience:**
* Strong content and subject matter knowledge
* Must be well versed in mechanical conventions of Standard American English, the writing process (argumentation, analysis/response type essays), different writing types (essays, short stories, poetry) & MLA citations
* Solid analytical skills
* Dependable presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
* Organization and time management skills
* Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
* High energy, enthusiastic, motivational training style
* Willingness to present in front of groups or on video
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Adaptability to changes on a day-by-day basis
* Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
* Proven success at delivering instructional material
* Proficient computer and email skills
* Proficient in MS Office
* Experience with Adobe Connect is a plus
* Reliable internet connection
* Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or writing related discipline from an accredited institution ; Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience desired
You can learn more by visiting our website: [www.achievetestprep.com](http://www.achievetestprep.com)
**Apply Online** [**Click Here**](http://www.achievetestprep.com/careers)
Achieve Test Prep communicates frequently through email; please make sure to check your email regularly, including your Spam folder.
Achieve Test Prep is an equal opportunity employer.