Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Added Jul 11 from GitHub Jobs
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As the Lead Infrastructure Engineer you'll be heading up the delivery of modern infrastructure to support the business and its technical contributors as they undergo scaling this year. Your objectives will include:
- Managing a Google Cloud infrastructure running Kubernetes along with GCloud platform services
- Maintain all infrastructure under code
- Implement blue/green deployments
- Help support quality and reliability through management of CI/CD workflows using Gitlab
- Continue to extend use of Helm for repeatable application environment
- Support site-reliability through participation in on-call rotations
You will be joining a growing backend team of polyglot developers who are working to bring the current platform to its next tier of maturity. The ideal candidate should be prepared to continue to scale and increase robustness through clean code and test coverage, enhance the adaptability and fault tolerance of the system, and help to coordinate key architecture and technology decisions.
We're seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building iterative software that solve real problems in our product and technical domains.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure to support the engineering team with the platforms necessary to drive the business' continued growth. You will represent the backend in coordination of new platform features through full-stack project teams. In addition, you will help to promote increased ownership of infrastructure development across the engineering team, helping to increase the thoughtfulness of infrastructure concerns in the way we develop applications. You'll collaborate with peers through pair programming, code reviews, and team-wide continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years of professional experience managing digital technologies on IaaS, preferably with experience using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform or Helm
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change
- 1 or more years working in an on-call environment
- Knowledgeable of domain driven design patterns, SOLID principles, and the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux, awk
- Experience with Django, Rails, mysql, redis, celery/rabbitmq
- Experience with issue management and code quality tools (e.g. Sentry, Codacy/CodeClimate)
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Knowledge of JWT authorization, SAML, OAuth2
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer