Full Time Solid Works CAD Engineer
Added Aug 09 from Hubstaff
As a Product Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing and developing market driven products in a fast paced collaborative environment. In this role you will bring extensive knowledge to the team in common manufacturing processes including die casting, injection molding, steel fabrication and assembly. You will work with the team to drive the next iteration of products.
**What you will do:**
* Become fluent in product design, specifically in timber and metal furniture design, and understand complexities of its production.
* 3D model lighting, homewares and furniture products that meets functional performance goals, enables original vision and aesthetics, and can be manufactured at high volume.
* Take a new design from initial sketches to 3D model, photorealistic rendering to final manufacturing drawings ready for production.
* End-to-end development and Design for Manufacturing of new products as well as continuous quality improvement on existent accessories in the ecosystem of the product library.
* Release manufacturing-ready design files and documentation to supply chain.
* Build a strong engineering framework that can scale. Establish standards, process and systems while remaining flexible and accurate.
* Own projects and deliver accurate results on time.
* Work with global supply partners managing complex projects
**This Might Describe You**
* **Experience creating products.** You've made products for market, are an expert in Design for Manufacture (DFM) and have extensive experience with patents.
* **Flexible.** You are ambitious, have a can do attitude, you are results driven, flexible and will do what it takes to work with your team to deliver on personal and company goals.
* **Ambitious:** You understand the value of a balanced life yet are also driven by the freedom you’ll reap from working hard and “sowing the seeds”.
* **Master of time management:** You can effectively manage your time to achieve your personal and company goals.
* **Kick-ass problem solver.** No problem is too complicated. When faced with seemingly unmovable problems or challenges, you find it easy to step back and creatively try different hypotheses by yourself and with a team to solve the problem at hand.
* **Ultra strong communicator. **You can work in a global team and can explain complex concepts in a straightforward and easy to understand way.
* **Learner.** You curiously jump into a new area with the energy of a child – you see things as “challenges” instead of “problems”, you love asking questions.
* **Committed to making the best.** You are only happy when products are the best they can be, and you challenge the people around to have the same level of commitment.
**General Key Skills / Experience**
* Min 2 years of Steel Fabrication and Sheet Metal experience inclusive of tube welding, occasional machine parts, bended sheet metal.
* Proficient in Modelling and Assemblies, 2D Drawings, Surfacing, and Weldments with Solidworks version 2017
* Proficient in exporting DWG AND Revit files using Autocad 2017
* Hands on experience in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
* Photo realistic rendering in tools such as Keyshot is considered a plus, but not required.
* Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, and be able to efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals.
* Ability to effectively cope with multiple design revisions and priority changes including timelines and project requirements.
**Sheet Metal and Metal Fabrication Experience**
* Read and understand architectural drawings, sketches and specifications
* Create and develop patterns and components made of sheet metal using CAD software (solidworks)
* Ability to translate sheet metal 3d model designs to 2d drawings for manufacturing and production
* Knowledge and understanding of sheet metal machineries like press brake and laser cutting machines.
* Knowledge in sheet metal assemblies with the use of welding, riveting, screws, etc.
* Create and develop 3d model designs made of tubes, occasional machined parts, stamped and molded parts.
* Knowledge and understanding of different methods of welding.
* Ability to identify cost effective components, assemblies and methodologies to achieve specific design goals.
**Perks you’ll enjoy**
* Being part of an intelligent flexible and supporting team that keeps playfully inventing at the heart of all we do.
* Benefits include health insurance, paid leave, quarterly on target bonuses.
* Freedom to work remotely
* Flexible working hours
* Salary based on skill level and experience
* Health, social security, 13th month pay and performance bonuses included.