Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100% Remote, Flexible hours
Added Sep 13 from GitHub Jobs
Analytics Fire builds custom software for the solar power industry. We’re looking for a senior embedded developer with deep experience developing, testing, and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment to help us expand our services to support manufacturers in additional new high-tech sectors.
Analytics Fire is a small, distributed team working on a range of interesting projects. For example, last year we helped build a custom IoT platform for utility grade solar power plants, sales software for residential solar systems, and a machine-learning powered autonomous cleaning robot. We’re looking for a fun, reliable, and highly collaborative, senior developer to join our team.
This is a remote position. We’re flexible about location and hours, so long as your working hours are within a European or US-overlapping time zone. We’re a really great match for a senior developer who wants to work hard on interesting projects, while simultaneously having flexibility around time and geography.
Skills & Requirements
Ideally, you should have 5+ years developing, testing, and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment. You should be comfortable autonomously driving your own high quality / high velocity contributions using a range of technologies.
- Expert level experience developing, testing and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment
- Development experience using Python, C, and C++
- Expert-level network systems experience using connman, BTLE, and dbus
- Basic hardware experience (cabling, basic troubleshooting)
- 5+ years Linux administration experience; Expert-level Linux scripting skills
- Basic understanding of web technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience creating custom Linux-based systems using Yocto
Analytics Fire has a very polyglot technical culture. Our ideal candidate has expert-level skills in the above categories, but also have a secondary skill set in one of the following areas:
- DevOps automation
- Full stack software engineering (React, Angular)
- Scientific computing with C++ and Python
- Computer vision / machine learning (PhD-level)
About Analytics Fire
Analytics Fire was founded by a couple of engineering nerds -- one a PHd in machine learning and the other a former VP of Engineering for an analytics platform -- who both are also serial entrepreneurs backed by prominent angels and VCs including Y Combinator and 500 Startups.
“Our goal founding Analytics Fire, was to create the engineering department that we always dreamed of working for. For us this meant being able to spend our time working on the hardest and most interesting technical problems that we could find, being part of a small, tightly-knit team of world-class engineers, while simultaneously having flexibility around time and geography.”