Director of Human Resources (100% Remote)
Added Oct 04 from Hubstaff
We believe our employees empower our company and are the reason behind our success. We are the nation's largest educational consultant and test prep center specializing in credit-by-examination degree paths, headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey.
Most working adults find it challenging to overcome the many obstacles associated with obtaining their college degree. Achieve acts as a counselor, advocate, and partner helping students achieve their degree in less time, with less effort, and for less money utilizing an alternative path to earning college credit known as credit-by-examination. Essentially, Achieve helps students bypass all of the busywork associated with taking certain college courses the traditional way, by instead passing just one test-out exam. While our credit-by-examination programs can shorten the path to any degree at virtually any college, the field where we have the greatest impact is the nursing profession.
Employee engagement and development is one of the keys to our success at Achieve! Embracing a work-from-home model for the entire company, all employees enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible work schedules. Does Achieve sound like the place for you? Apply today!
**Director of Human Resources**
Achieve is seeking a Director of Human Resources to lead the overall coordination and optimization of all human resources, benefits management, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, and related training/development functions for the company. In addition to overseeing the traditional HR generalist and recruitment responsibilities, the Director of Human Resources must be an active leader in the development and implementation of projects, policies, and procedures across a broad range of HR functions for hourly and salaried employees across the US as well as independent contractors. This position reports directly to the company president.
**Roles & Responsibilities**
* Assess and make recommendations regarding HR strategies
* Benefits evaluation, implementation, management, and related vendor coordination
* Employee relations
* Supervision of new employee onboarding
* Monitor and coordinate all state/federal governmental and regulatory compliance activities.
* Develop, implement, and coordinate performance management procedures
* Employee retention
* Develop, implement, and oversee recruitment process for all positions
* Heavy involvement of recruitment for higher level positions
* Talent management planning
* Any other projects or duties as assigned
**Desired Skills & Experience**
* Bachelor's degree or higher with a focus in business or another relevant discipline
* Ability to lead a project from beginning to end and oversee multiple projects at the same time
* Ability to lead a team of direct reports within the HR department and/or project teams
* Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
* Effective prioritization, time management, organizational skills, and ability to meet established deadlines
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment, and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
* Must be able to multitask
* Considerable skill in a sourcing, interviewing, and decision-making techniques in recruiting for higher level positions.
* 5+ years of experience hiring with significant experience hiring management level positions.
* 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources professional.
* 5+ years of experience in employee benefits, including healthcare and retirement plans
* 3+ years experience with employment law and HR compliance across multiple states.
* 3+ years managing teams
* 3+ years managing projects
* Significant experience in employee relations, PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
You can learn more by visiting our website: [www.achievetestprep.com](http://www.achievetestprep.com)
Apply Online [Click Here](http://www.achievetestprep.com/careers)
Achieve frequently communicates through email; please make sure to check your email regularly, including your Spam folder.
Achieve is an equal opportunity employer.